The Information collected by us
In general, you can browse this website without revealing any personal information about yourself. However, in the event you desire to make any reservations through our website, we will require information such as your name, contact number, email id, billing information, bank account details and such other personal information.
Wherever possible, we indicate whether the information to be provided is optional or mandatory and always provide you the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature on the website.
You are requested to provide accurate and correct information. We shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the personal information or data supplied by the users and any inconvenience caused because of the same.
Based on your use of our services and on your behaviour on this website, we may automatically track certain information about you including but not limited to your IP address location, etc. We use this information to do internal research on our users' demographics, interests and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and website use, which enables us to improve the service we provide. We assure you that we will collect only such information as is necessary and relevant to us to provide you with the services available on our website.
Personal Information is that information which, we may collect from you and is capable of identifying you, such as:
a) Name and Gender
b) Phone Number
c) E-mail address
d) Contact Address
f) financial information such as Bank Account, credit card, debit card information or other payment instrument details for the purpose of processing payments,
g) physical, physiological and mental health condition
h) Other details such as biometric information, Sexual orientation, medical records and history.
Note: Your financial information is held, retained and processed by a third party Payment Gateway, namely, Pay U, JusPay having their registered office at Gurgaon. PayU and JusPay is obligated to maintain confidentiality of your financial information under various applicable laws and under an agreement with us. However, we shall not be liable for any actions of the third party Payment Gateway in breach of their confidentiality obligations and disclosure of your financial information. If you are staying at our properties on a regular basis, it is your duty to inform us if any of your personal information needs to be updated with us. Upon suspicion regarding any booking made by you, we may contact you at any time.
Offers and Updates
When you provide us with your email address at the time of any reservation, you agree to allow us to contact you about offers and updates with respect to the website and the services offered. In order to evaluate your use of our services, we may track which functions of our website you use most frequently. This information will help us provide you with only the most relevant and useful information displayed on the website and about our services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive communications from us you may opt out or unsubscribe yourself from the facility by selecting the unsubscribe feature from our website or follow the link on our communicational emails.
Use of the information collected by us
We assure you that we use the personal information you provide to us only when relevant and required in the ordinary course of business.
We use your personal information to allow us to process your reservation on the website, to provide you with improved services, to contact you when it is needed by telephone and e-mail and to assist you, to share the same with trusted third parties, if so required.
Further, the relevant information may be used by us to communicate with you on any matter relating to your reservation and / or to communicate the details thereof and of other services displayed on this website.
We may also use your personal information to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, measure consumer interest in the services provided by us, inform you about online and offline offers, services, and updates, customise your experience, detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity, enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. The information may also be used to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyse site usage, improve and customise the website’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve the website and help us to tailor it to meet your needs so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customised experience while using our website.
Sharing of Information with Third Parties
Your information may be shared with third parties in the following circumstances:
- When trusted third parties (such as our accountants, credit card processing companies, hotels, Government officials etc.) are performing a service for us or for you, we may provide them with the information collected about you only to the extent they need it to perform that particular service.
- If we reorganise our company or sell or lease our business, the new entity, owner or operator will assume any rights we have in respect of our information about you. We assure you that we will obtain reasonable assurances that your privacy will continue to be respected;
- We may have to help investigate, prevent or take action regarding unlawful and illegal activities, suspected fraud, potential threat to the safety or security of any person or organisation or property or asset or rights of our website from unauthorised use or misuse of our website, violations of our terms and conditions or to defend against legal claims/proceedings or upon occurrence of special circumstances mentioned hereunder :
- to respond to summons, court orders, judicial proceedings, or other legal processes;
- to cooperate and assist authorised agencies for interception or monitoring or decryptions as mentioned in the Information Technology (Procedure and Safeguards for Interception, Monitoring and Decryption of Information) Rules, 2009.
- to assist and cooperate with authorised agencies for the monitoring and collection of traffic data or information generated, transmitted, received or stored, in accordance with the Information Technology (Procedure and Safeguard for Monitoring and Collecting Traffic Data or Information) Rules, 2009.
- We may use third parties that we refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of the business, product and service operations that we provide to you on this website and therefore we may provide some of your personal information directly to these internal service providers. These internal service providers are subject to confidentiality agreements with us and other legal restrictions that prohibit their use of the information we provide them for any other purpose except to facilitate the specific outsourced website related operation, unless you have explicitly agreed or given your prior permission to them for additional uses.
Subject to this policy, we assure you that we will share your Personal Information only if we have your consent or deemed consent to do so or if we are compelled by law (including court orders) to do so.
Disclosure of Information
- Links to other sites: The website may contain links to other websites that may collect information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such linked websites.
Protecting your Information
We are committed to protect the information provided by you. We have adopted various managerial, technical, physical and other security measures to protect the information provided by you. For Instance, we use encryption while transmission of information sensitive to you, between your and our system and allowing only authorised persons for permitted business functions to access your personal information etc.
In furtherance of the confidentiality with which we treat your information, we assure you that to prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information, we will employ reasonable security practices and procedures and current Internet security methods and technologies in compliance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules made there under.
Moreover, we restrict access of your personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Applicable law and Jurisdiction
This website is created and controlled by StayVista and shall be governed by the laws of India. The courts in Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all the terms, conditions and disclaimers.
StayVista strongly believes in a transparent approach to its users. This policy aims at minimising instances of customer complaints, grievances and disappointments via channelized approach, review and redressal. You can file a grievance if you are disappointed or have issues in respect of services rendered by StayVista. You can give your grievance through email or snail mail to the Grievance officer of StayVista. The email address at which you can send your grievances is email@example.com. The grievances can also be sent by Snail Mail on the following address:-
The Grievance officer, StayVista
Office Address : VKG Corporate Centre, 5th Floor, Andheri Kurla Road, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400059
Registered Address : Surya Mahal, 4th Floor, 5 Burjorji Bharucha Marg, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400001
Special note about minors
Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to use the accommodation reservation services on this website. Minors can normally accompany their parent(s) or legal custodian(s) who have booked an accommodation.
Using Mobile Phones and Tablet apps
While using our app, the information is collected in the same way and for the same purposes as we do when you use this Website.
In addition, we also use some other information that is collected automatically when you use our Mobile Apps. Specifically:
We collect information about Mobile App functionality that you access and use. This allows identification of those areas of the Mobile App that are of interest to our customers. The information we collect for this purpose restricts us to identify you directly.
When you use a Mobile App, you can choose to allow access to your current location using GPS or similar technologies, in order to identify nearby hotels, airports, or other service providers. If you choose to allow access, this location data may be collected as a part of search requests logged by our servers. You can turn off access to your location at any time through your phone settings menu.
In the event the Mobile App crashes or hangs, it will send us error-reporting information. In this way we can investigate the error for stability of the Mobile App. As part of these error reports, the Mobile App sends us information about the mobile device type and version, the UID, the time the error occurred, the feature being used and the state of the application when the error occurred. This information is not used for any purpose other than investigating and remedying the error.
You can always control what information you want to receive from the Mobile App. You can do the same by modifying the settings of the Mobile App, in its setting’s menu and by changing the settings of your mobile device. Alternatively, you can remove the Mobile App from your mobile device entirely and access our services through our Website alone.
Note: Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section.